Saturday, August 30, 2008

Procrastinating. You knew it was coming.

Arghh, it's 1:14 pm and what do I have done? Nothing! Nothing! I'm mad at myself.

First of all, yesterday I did very little. Didn't even started on the two sections I was planning to. Instead I played a board game with a co-worker for half-an-hour and then tried to fix my examples one more time. So much for raving about my victories over perfectionism.

I also stayed up late watching "The Siberian Barber", a russian movie about love between a russian cadet and an american woman. I loved the movie when I watched it first time in 1999. Yesterday, it made me cringe many times. The main story is still very touching and sad and powerful. But all its stylized russainness felt awkward and false. It would have fit in a comedy where every image must be sharp and on the edge of ridiculous, but in this movie it felt prideful and nationalistic... I still like the movie though. I just think russians tend to think they are better than anyone else and that they are so freaking mysterious and misunderstood.

This is a snapshot from probably the funniest episode from the movie. Obviously, it involves heavy drinking. Sigh.Anyway, what was i talking about? Oh yes. I'm mad. At myself. I stayed late, got up late, didn't know how to start my morning and voila! It's afternoon and nothing is done. Great. Just great.

No comments: