Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eureka!

I am excited! Today I have finished a patent disclosure on a really-really cool idea. I thought of it all by myself. And when I shared it with senior scientists, they liked it. Liked it so much, that they came to me with other applications for the idea which we can file as separate disclosures. This is a true testament that my idea is good - others want in on it.

Who knows, maybe in 10 years from now there will be patients whose life is better because of my invention. They will feel better, sleep better, and live longer. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

I (naturally?) think that this idea is huge and has a ton of potential. But simply the fact that it is mine, is enough. All this time I've been watching others saying smart things, doing interesting experiments, proposing new ideas. And all of a sudden I am a member of the club! Now others ask my opinion and listen to (and agree with) what I have to say.

Thanks be to Lord, who granted me an insight into how He intended things to be and a joy of discovery which will continue as I study this idea further!

------

As the work day is wrapping up and the dissertation shift begins, my excitement is quickly fading away and the little girl inside of me is wailing "I don't want to work! I've been such a good girl today! Please let me go home!" It's almost 7pm. My goodness, how can I make my workday end at 5pm, so I actually have time for dissertation?!

And where do I find motivation? Oy. Well, let's start with something easy, like opening the file with the draft. Sigh. SIGH.

No comments: