Saturday, September 13, 2008

Slooooow progress

Today I spent 3 hours on reading 20 pages from the book my advisor gave me to study for the oral exam. The frustrating part is that these are FIRST 20 pages of the book. It should be an easy read. Alas, I've forgotten a lot of stuff thus I'm moving at a turtle pace here.

In my defense, this is not a novel-type book. It is a dense scientific book with lots of equations and terminology. So, one is not supposed to blow through it.

Nevertheless, 20 pages a day is a minimum I need to read every day for the next 2.5 months in order to cover most of the material for the oral exam. Not to mention other things I need to do... How is it possible to find 3 hours of extra time every day, on top of 8 hours of work?

Well, what a girl to do? Give up? No, I'm not giving this pleasure to my advisor. He will have to fail me first. And I plan on making it as difficult for him as I can.

So, although I am entirely fed up with writing plans I am off to write one again. Many priorities have changes over the past few days, so I have to figure out what is the most urgent thing to do now.

No comments: