Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Innocent names? Not in my head!

Everyone has been talking and writing about Large Hadron Collider experiment since a few days ago. I've been following the news about it, mainly because I want some kind of assurance that these scientists know enough not to create a black hole of some sort and doom the Earth.

But you know what I just realized 2 minutes ago? All this time, I've been reading Hadron as "Hardon"! Hahaha! I even wondered in my head how bold those scientists who named the collider must be to so use such a highly suggestive name. Yeah. No. Just me.

If you were ever to talk to my husband, he would share with you my strange ability to recognize sexually suggestive meanings in regular American titles and names. He says I ruined a great deal of them for him. Examples? Hmm... Let's see... Well, there was this ice-cream place called Hot Licks... Arby's sign (seriously, am I the only one?)... Florida...

No comments: